The Department "modern history of Kazakhstan and geography" is aimed at training specialists in the educational programs 6B01601 - "History", 6B01507-" Geography", 6B01508 -"Geography-history".
The mission of the educational program is education worthy of a future teacher-historian.
The purpose of the educational program is to train specialists-historians-geographers who possess fundamental knowledge of geography and historical science, who are able to use the pedagogical orientation at the professional level individually and in interaction, who are able to solve natural and social problems in a constant flow of changes and development.
Objectives of the educational program:
- Formation of universal and social and personal values;
- Formation of fundamental knowledge, universal and professional competencies and skills necessary in teaching activities;
- Creating conditions for mastering professional high-quality knowledge and competencies in the field of geography as an integral part of comprehensive scientific knowledge about the environment;
- Training of geographical and historical specialists who possess advanced teaching methods and technologies, professionally use them in the educational process, and are ready to conduct educational and educational work in educational institutions in their field;
- Provide mastery of the methods of application of information and communication technologies necessary for the organization of professional activities;
- Training of a specialist who is able to master, analyze and apply theoretical knowledge about historical processes.